Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Sign

I have really been wanting something for the front of my door but could not decide what I wanted. I almost made a 4th of July decoration but I think I'm a little late when it comes to that! 

I happened to see a watermelon sign somewhere and loved it! If someone knows where, please let me know because I can't find it and I'd like to give credit for inspiration!


The watermelon I saw was a little different than this but I put my own little spin on it. 

For the back I used a piece of chipboard. After I got the watermelon slice and bite like I wanted them, I traced my shape onto a piece of red material, cut it out and used hot glue to attach to my chipboard. The rind is also material, a piece of green tie dye also hot glued on. The letters and seeds are made from a satin black cord tied in knots and hot glued down. 

Happy Friday and first day of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each one!