Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Whoever came up with this idea is a total genius! Why didn't I think of this before?? An Oreo cookie inside of a homemade chocolate chip cookie is having "The Best of Both Worlds." 

I only made 2 of these yesterday when I made a batch of cookies for my husband, because if I didn't like them, I didn't want to waste my Oreos. That would have been a crime! :) But now I am wishing I had made more of them! They are pretty rich but very very good!


You'll need:
Cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
Oreos - I think double stuff would have been better

1. Mix up your cookie dough (if you have store bought, skip to number 2)
2. Take an Oreo and place a scoop of cookie dough on top and a scoop on bottom of the cookie. 
3. Make sure the dough covers the Oreo entirely. (it may crack or break some)
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes 
5. Let cool and enjoy!!

Warning: These make very large cookies!


Don't have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? 

Here's my favorite!

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
nuts (optional)
Chocolate chips

Cream sugars, butter, and shortening together. Add egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in nuts and chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.


I also saw a suggestion for putting a nutter butter inside...What would you put inside your cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each one!