Tuesday, March 1, 2011

$0 Project!

I finally got my computer to cooperate so I could show off my 5 minute $0 project! I took these little guys:


10 Lug nuts, which I got completely for free....It helps to have a technician husband :)

Then I added a little ribbon, hot glue, spit and grit.....Okay minus the spit and grit!

And came up with this!


Tada! No more pinning my pattern to my fabric! Just lay the pattern down, put my weights on top, and cut, cut, cut! 

I got the idea here and put my own spin on it. 

What do you think? I can't wait to try them out!



Linking up here!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I need to make some for myself for sure! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I don't have a technician husband, but I love them. What are they? I absolutely HAVE to make these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invite to link up Lauren! Glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophia, I'm glad you like them! Thanks for pointing out that I didn't exactly say what they are made from! They are lug nuts, but Jess from Craftiness is Not Optional made hers out of large nuts from the hardware store and wrapped the ribbon through the middle. I just used what I got for free and made my own version! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each one!