Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins

I was in a muffin mood this morning. Why, I'm not really sure, but I decided to go for it! Nothing better than warm muffins for breakfast! The recipe I decided to try out was Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins.

I love love LOVE cinnamon! I tend to put more than the recipe actually calls for! 

Here's how they turned out!



What do you think? Want the recipe??

Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins

  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose-flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • Jam
Topping:
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon of jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.

3. Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.

*Recipe from The Taste of Home Baking Book

So I ended up making a few adjustments to the recipe. Of course, more cinnamon. I didn't have nutmeg, so I just left that out. And my husband isn't crazy about the jam, so I just left that out too. One more adjustment I had to make was the milk. My husband drank it all.....again. So instead of milk, I used sour cream in the same measurement as the milk, and added water as needed to make the batter more like batter and not dough. You couldn't tell! Cream cheese also works great.

The tops were absolutely the best part! The butter, cinnamon and sugar gave a sweet crunch to the top! Even the little Jellybean liked them!


"Tada!"

Enjoy the recipe! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions!




Linking up!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each one!