Thursday, March 17, 2011

Car Seat Covers

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! Today is my big brother's birthday! Happy birthday J! Our normal celebrations were usually more geared toward my brothers birthday than St. Patrick's Day. Does any one else have any traditions for St. Patrick'ss Day?

I finally got both of the car seat covers finished and pictures taken! Are you ready to see??

Canopy cover: 


This one is a thin light weight cover that attaches to the car seat handle by straps with velcro. The straps are dark pink on the outside and the inside is the same material as the back of the cover. Please excuse the wrinkles! I should have ironed it before the pictures. It will definitely be ironed before the auction!


The front is 5 stripes in 3 colors of pink. This was actually going to be solid, but I didn't have quite enough of the light pink, so I improvised a little. I am very pleased with the way it turned out! 


Here is a picture with the backing of the cover showing. The neat thing about this cover, is it is large enough to use as a blanket! Its perfect for the Spring and early summer! I will definitely be making another for my little one!

Peek-A-Boo cover:


I don't have a boy, but this turned out so cute it sure made me want to keep it for myself! This is a warmer cover but could be make light like the other if desired.


The outer material is a thin corduroy type material (sorry, don't know the specifics!). Elastic all around the edge keeps it on the car seat. I gave the peek-a-boo flap a solid green button for embellishment.


The inside is lined with dark green fleece and the peek-a-boo flap has a little bit of velcro to keep the wind from picking it up! That little alteration is from experience! We tend to get a lot of wind and my poor baby got wind in the face alot!

Can't wait to make a few more of these!

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

Linking here:
 Craft Goodies







2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, I made my 3rd baby a car seat canopy and have enjoyed that but I LOVE the peek-a-boo cover. I have seen those at Target (black and boring) but never thought of making one. The detail you put into is excellent. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where you got the pattern for the 2nd cover?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each one!